Poland a new family – holiday destination? ( part 3 ) : Karpacz
Poland is a great holiday destination because it has it all: history, nature, delicious food, friendly people, a lot to see and do. Poland means unlimited places for relaxation in the mountains, at the sea, at the lakes or national parks. And it is only 800 km away by car from the Netherlands.
But is Poland really a child-friendly destination? Can it become a new family – holiday destination? This is what I tried to test this summer holiday with my family and the answer is undoubtedly:
We have already published an exclusive invitation from the Mayor of Karpacz Mr. Radosław Jęcek to visit his town. https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/exclusive-invitation-to-visit-karpacz-from-the-mayor-of-this-city-mr-radoslaw-jecek/
We have already published articles about Lublin : https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/poland-a-new-family-holiday-destination-part-one-lublin/
and the exclusive invitation from the Mayor of Lublin. Mr. Krzysztof Żuk, Ph.D.: https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/mayor-of-the-city-of-lublin-invites-you-to-visit-his-city/
And the exclusive invitation from the Mayor of Wrocław: Mr. Rafał Dutkiewicz: https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/mayor-of-the-city-of-wroclaw-invites-you-to-meet-in-wroclaw/
Karpacz : a family-holiday destination.
Karpacz is a spa town and ski resort in south-western Poland with beautiful nature, including National Karkonoski Park: http://www.kpnmab.pl/
The population equals around 5000 inhabitants ( 2005 ). It is one of the most important centres for mountain hiking and skiing, including ski jumping. Karpacz is situated in the Karkonosze Mountains. Karpacz is famous for its Mount Śnieżka (1,602 m) and its borders with the Czech Republic.
What to see, what to do?
There are a lot of interesting places to visit with your kids and I would mention only a few:
- The Town Museum of Toys ( in Polish: Muzeum Zabawek ) : the impressive collection was donated in 1994 by Henryk Tomaszewski, an eminent artist and the founder of the Wrocław Mime Theatre. The toys on display come from many countries and date back to different periods, showing the history of toy manufacturing in the past two centuries.The oldes exhibits, dating from the 18th century, include the religious figurines of a nun, an altar boy and the Nativity figures whereas among the latest you will find the Barbie dolls and Transformers. As the tourist guide says: ‘’You will also have the opportunity to find out what interesting materials were used in toy making trade. Thus, there for you to see will be a hundred-year-old set of lime blocks, some dolls made from maize leaves, and others from wax, tin or lead. Further on, you can enjoy the 19th-century glazed and unglazed or biscuit porcelain dolls. Next to attract your attention are a number of tiny clay figures of skeletons from Mexico as well as some Japanese dolls whose faces and hands were coated with powdered matter made from oyster shells.’’ http://www.muzeumzabawek.pl/
- Western City: founded on the 4th of July in 1998 and situated on 65 hectares. It is a city with a sheriff, saloon where you can eat a cowboy meal, post-office and various cowboy shows. http://www.western.com.pl/
- Aqua Parks: among others an impressive aqua park at a Golebiewski Hotel with many swimming pools, hot tubs, water slides and salt and ice caves: http://www.golebiewski.pl/karpacz/atrakcje/park-wodny-tropikana
- Lower Silesia Monuments miniature Park ( in Polish : Park Miniatur ) established in 2003. You can see here models of castles, palaces, monasteries and city-halls from the region, made in scale 1:25, besides model of Karkonosze mountains with Śnieżka made in scale: 1:50. http://www.park-miniatur.com/en/the-park
- Dinopark and fantasy park ( in Polish: Dinopark i Fantasiapark ) two parks in one for every age. http://ag-partner.com.pl
- Glass and Crystal factory in Piechowice, around 20 kilometres away from Karpacz, with a great tour and stickers for the little visitors. By the way you can buy there beautiful glass and crystal products. http://turystyka.crystaljulia.com/index.php?lang=en&p=0#show
- Gluszyce, 62 km from Karpacz: The Mysterious Underground Town Głuszyca – the Osówka Complex ( In Polish: podziemne Miasto Osówka w Głuszycy). It is the last, the largest and the most complex of Hitler’s headquarters constructed in Lower Silesia. The building of this complex was commenced in 1943 and the purpose is still not clear. According to some it was supposed to be a secret headquarter of Adolf Hitler. http://www.osowka.pl/
- Ksiaz Castle, around 55 kilometres away from Karpacz ( in Polish: Zamek Ksiaz), the third biggest Castle in Poland. My kids were impressed by its picturesque setting on a cliff, beautiful terraces and magnificent interior. They admitted that this castle was much more beautiful than the other ones they know from fairy tales…http://www.en.ksiaz.walbrzych.pl/
Where to stay?
There are quite a lot of hotels in Karpacz and I would advise to read first information on special tourist sites.
We wanted to stay in the hotel with an aqua park and entertainment and facilities for children. Therefore we decided to stay at a Golebiewski Hotel. Gołębiewski in Karpacz is situated at the foot of the highest summit (Śnieżka) of the Karkonosze mountains. http://www.golebiewski.pl/en/karpacz-for-children
The hotel has a children’s club organizing various activities including: baking, creating your own sunglasses, meeting a police officer and talking about safety on road, discos and movie mornings and evenings. There is a special children restaurant and an inside and outside playground. The hotel has en-suite rooms, baby baths and baby cribs. Golebiewski hotel is modern, luxurious with a very friendly and professional staff. When we entered the hotel to check – in our kids were immediately impressed by the aquarium, the biggest sweet water aquarium in Poland and one of the biggest in the world.
Karpacz checked and approved. A real family-holiday destination.
- Lots of interesting and beautiful places to see including: the Town Museum of Toys
- A big choice of child-friendly hotels including: Hotel Golebiewski
- Beautiful nature, Karkonosze Mountains and Śnieżka Mount, Karkonosze National Park
- Centres for mountain hiking and skiing, including ski jumping
- Situated at the border with the Czech Republic, so staying in Karpacz you can visit the Czech Republic, too
© Copyright www.communications-unlimited.nl, 2015. All rights reserved.( including text, photos and other images )
Municipality of Karpacz :
Municipality of Lublin:
Municipality of Wroclaw:
Polish Tourist Office:
Embassy of the Republic of Poland, Trade and Investment Promotion Section:
Medical Centre Vita-Glob:
Historic country house:
Miss Poland Benelux:
Zuyd University of Applied Sciences :
Department Hotel and Facility Management