Photo: TVP Polonia
Communications-Unlimited is an international journalism and PR centre and the only of this sort Central and Eastern Europe center in the Netherlands.
Communications-Unlimited is supported by an advisory board which consists of respected and well-known international representatives of the political, business and culture world.( https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/category/board-of-directors/)
Communications-Unlimited was established by Beata Bruggeman-Sękowska in 2004. During our existence we have built up a network of many partners and friends consisting of media companies, embassies, schools and universities, municipalities, non-profit organizations, governemental organizations and commercial companies. (https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/our-partners/)
On the list of our publications there are language books, also used by universities and schools and hundreds of articles, interviews and TV productions.
Beata Bruggeman-Sękowska is a laureate of one of the most prestigious Polish TV awards: For the Merits of Poland and Polish People Abroad. The award is given to exceptional individuals from the world of science, culture, politics and sport who, through their achievements, promote a positive image of Poland and Poles in the world.
She is also the laureate of the Marshal of the Senate of the Republic of Poland award for journalists.
She is an international CEE professional, media commentator, author of seven books, many publications about Central and Eastern Europe, publisher, journalist cooperating with national and international media, governemental organizations and universities, linguist and lecturer.
She has extensive intercultural management and leadership skills and experience
She is a managing director of Communications-Unlimited the only of this sort Central and Eastern Europe Center in the Netherlands and the CEE TV channel.
Last but not least, Beata Bruggeman-Sękowska is an official, registered sworn translator: Polish-Dutch-English in the official Dutch register of the sworn translators and interlocutors : ”Register beëdigde tolken en vertalers”.
Beata Bruggeman-Sękowska was born in Warsaw, Poland and has also Armenian blood and roots in Lviv, which is now part of Ukraine. She lives in the Netherlands, Limburg.
She was raised dually in a communist Poland where she got propaganda lessons at school and she was taught at home by her parents how the real world is really like. She wanted to know why totalitarian systems exist. From that moment she got fascinated by intercultural communication, politics, languages, culture and psychology, internationalization, which gave her a feeling of freedom.
Due to her deep interest in people and communication between people especially beyond the borders she followed English and American Studies at Warsaw University. She studied among others culture, literature, history, mass culture, ethnicity issues, political issues, gender studies, philosophy and psychology. Her major was American culture, and she specialised additionally in methodology and translations. After receiving her master title she also completed post-master studies in Journalism organised by L’Ecole Superiere de Journalisme de Lille and Warsaw University with the cooperation of the College of Europe. She received ‘Diplôme en Journalisme Européen’.
Beata Bruggeman-Sękowska co-operates with experienced international media and PR specialists, journalists, translators, interpreters and lecturers.
Public functions occupied by Beata Bruggeman-Sękowska:
- President of the European Institute on Communist Oppression: http://eioco.nl/nl/
- The Committee of Recommendation of the Model European Parliament https://meplimburg.nl/mep-limburg/comite-van-aanbeveling/
- Advisor to the Remembrance Foundation of the Deported Jews with Mr. Ralf Krewinkel, mayor of Heerlen, as president.
- Advisor of the Foundation ”Knuffel tegen Eenzaamheid” whose purpose is supporting lonely, ill older people and stimulation of social integration https://knuffeltegeneenzaamheid.nl/
- Advisor of the Foundation Foundation “Youth Meeting Edith Stein Echt”
- Management Board of Maastricht Institute for Central and Eastern Europe with Mr. Jan Mans as president. https://www.communications-unlimited.nl/jan-mans/
- The Committee of Recommendation for the Friendship Year The Netherlands-Russia with Prof. Joop van der Berg, leader of PvdA in the Dutch Parliament, as president.
- Member of the jury panel of the Polish Person of the Year in the Netherlands with Ms. Barbara Borys-Damiecka: Polish Senator.
- Jury president of Miss Poland Benelux since 2011