During his official visit to the Russian Federation in October 2011 Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte and President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev signed an agreement on the cooperation between the countries for the bilateral friendship year 2013.(NLRF 2013). 2013 is the Netherlands-Russia year, a year in which the Netherlands and Russia emphasize their long bilateral relations. The Netherlands and Russia offer an ambitious programme with a variety of economic, cultural and societal activities. The committee of recommendation for the Friendship Year The Netherlands-Russia 2013 ( Het comité van aanbeveling Vriendschapsjaar Nederland-Rusland 2013 ) in Maastricht advises on and supports activities organized in Maastricht.
The members of the committee are:
- Beata Bruggeman-Sekowska Management Board of Maastricht Institute for Central & Eastern Europe (MICEE),
- Ernst Veen voormalig director of Hermitage Amsterdam,
- Martin Paul President of the Management Board of the Maastricht University
- Wilfried Ruetten director European Journalism Centre,
- Twan Beurskens Gedeputeerde Provincie Limburg
- Bert Schroën Dean Zuyd University.
Photo album: fotoverslag_nederland_ruslandvriendschapsjaar_2013