Els Weijers, Phd has an impressive experience in the public sector, development and execution of the local policies, government, integral management, education, strategy, business sector, management, communication and internationalization. Some of her functions and responsibilities are:
- Head of the Social Development at the Amstelveen Municipality: As the Head of the Social Development she was leading the development and execution of the social policies in such fields as: education, health and care, sport and culture.
- Head of the Education Directors Team at the Amstelveen Municipality
- Head of Municipality Policies at the Amstelveen Municipality
- Director Corporate Alumni Partnership Relations Maastricht School of Management
- Director Operations Maastricht School of Management
- Program manager Sociaal Domain Municipality Velsen
- Supervisory Board of the Amstelveen Municipality
Els Wijers received a Phd title at the University of Amsterdam and she completed advanced Management Program at the Nyenrode Business University.