National Geographic published a list of 10 top Castles in Europe. On the list there are 5 castles from the Central and Eastern Europe.
The fairy-tale castles from the CEE region are as follows:
- Romania: BRAN CASTLE, BRAŞOV: believed to be the home in Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
- Poland: MOSZNA CASTLE: 365 room castle in Baroque, neo-Gothic and neo-Renaissance style has 99 towers.
- Czech Republic: PRAGUE CASTLE, PRAGUE: one of the largest castle complexes in the world at 753,473 square feet ( which equals about seven football fields).
- Slovak Republic: BOJNICE CASTLE, BOJNICE: most famous castle in Slovakia known for the annual International Festival of Ghosts and Spooks held at the end of April.
- Hungary: BUDA CASTLE, BUDAPEST, established in the 13th century accomodates the Hungarian National Gallery and the Budapest History Museum.
Photo: Moszna Castle: www.poland.travel.en
More information about Moszna Castle is available here: https://www.poland.travel/en/castles-palaces/the-castle-in-moszna